Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 21

Well this past week was quite good.  The best part was that we started teaching two new investigators who are super buenas. Remember the woman that is catholic and said she doesn't want to change...? Well we visited her this week.  She lives with her mom and her neice. Her mom is very old and basically cant leave the house and her neice has a rare illness and she is paralized from the waist down.  They are some of the nicest people I have met so far on my mission.  The first lesson with them, Rodrigo was with us (our recent convert who basically comes with us on every lesson when he isn't working), and they were talking about how in their church and in their family no one really seems to have a desire to help them even though they are struggling. And I think that is why she let us visit her, because we sincerely offered to help her.  But my companion and I were a little nervous about this visit because she had said she wasnt really willing to listen becasue she was content with her religion.  But we shared a few scriptures about charity and love and talked about how in Christ´s true church the members serve others with love. And we talked about our purpose as missionaries and about the book of mormon.  And her neice Ingrid and her seemed to really have a sincere interest and I could definitely feel the spirit.  And then we asked them when we could come back and they were like, well tomorrow... :) so we went back the next day and taught them the restoration.  They had a lot of questions and doubts (because this is differerent from what they have heard their whole lives) but they were accepting of it.  And then we went back a couple days later and taught them about the plan of salvation.  Again she had a lot of questions and doubts...but, again I think they felt the spirit. Also I think the investigators that have doubts and questions are the ones that progress the quickest.  And then Rodrigo and another Rodrigo who we are teaching went and picked them up Sunday morning for church and they really liked it I think.  And we are planning on going to the visitors center with them on saturday.  They still havent accepted a baptismal date, but we have hope that very soon they will.  
Also this week it rained a TON! but I bought rain boots last pday, and Im really glad I did.  And my companion and I sang again in church yesterday.  In ward council last week we talked about ways to immprove the ward.  One thing we´re gonna start doing is having a missionary moment before the talks every sunday...every week one of us four missionaries will share something little for a minute or two.  And they said my companion and I should sing more haha.  Oh and on the fourth of July we ate with some members who own a restaurant and we had burgers and then since it was the fourth of July they brought us strawberries with whipped cream, donuts and chocolate milkshakes haha! Even though I'm the only missionary in our ward who is American ( two from Canada and one from Mexico).  So that was special.  Then she hugged me and told me congratulations...lol so funny! 
And in not so good news Yaxkin and Alberto STILL didnt get married.  Yaxkin left the whole week to visit family. But she comes back today, so we are hoping to have a family home evening with them tonight and we are still hoping and praying that they will get married this week POR FIN! and then they can get baptized on sunday.  

And that was my week :) 
Love Hermana Young

No comments:

Post a Comment