Monday, April 21, 2014

Earthquake

Haha, well...my companion and I were studying Friday morning, and while I was reading I started to feel a little dizzy, and I told my companion and then she was like ¨whoa¨ and then we realized it was an earthquake....it wasn't too bad it just felt like we were on a ship in the sea.  At first we got under our desks, but nothing was falling so we figured we were fine, so we looked outside (our apartment is on the third floor) and all of our neighbors were standing in their doorways...so we just did that too assuming that that was probably what you´re supposed to do haha. And then it just stopped and we were fine, nothing even fell over or anything...mostly it was kind of cool.  And then our district leaders called us to make sure we were fine and yeah...it wasn't too bad, I think it was worse in other parts but I don't really know because I don't watch the news.  So yeah, no need to worry, I am still in one piece.  Easter was good, we didn't really do any thing to celebrate, in church we talked about the resurrection and me and my companion taught the gospel principles class about The Atonement.  Then we ate at a member´s house...just normal, no hard boiled eggs or ham or funeral potatoes, but it was good. And we took one of our investigators (Rodrigo, the Jehovah´s Witness) to the visitors center, he is getting baptized in two weeks! We were basically at the visitors center for half of the day yesterday because after we gave him a tour...and he likes to talk a lot...there was a program for investigators and recent converts, and the hermanas sang and the mission president talked and some recent converts bore their testimonies, it was really good, and Rodrigo enjoyed it.  One of the recent converts was one of Hermana Contreras and mine before I got transferred, he was baptized three weeks ago I think.  Rodrigo is a golden investigator, he studies so much and has really felt the spirit, he prays and comes to church and keeps his commitments.  One Saturday we taught him and one of the members in our ward came with us (he just recently got back from his mission in Chile) and we taught him about the plan of salvation and also helped him to realize the he already has received his answer that this is the true church of Jesus Christ, and I asked him if he would be baptized and he he just slowly nodded his head and looked so happy and peaceful, and really the spirit was so strong and we were all so happy...that was by far the most rewarding and happy moment yet on my mission.  And tonight we are having a family home evening with one of the families in our ward, and they invited a few of our investigators and some investigators of the elders, I´m excited it should be fun.  Well this week is the last week of the cycle, and I really am hoping my companion and I stay because we have a baptism lined up for every week next month, and we have a lot of work to do to keep up with our investigators and help them to progress, granted if we do get transferred, I´m sure the new missionaries will do great too...but that would be hard because I would miss this ward and my our investigators...one cycle isn't enough.  But I think we will stay.  Anyways yeah, I'm doing good, all is well.  
Tell Ty and Jessica I said felicidades.  I haven't gotten the package yet...it will most likely be a couple more weeks...letters take a month, so I think packages would take at least that long or more.  Tell Emily to make sure to send me pictures when she gets married.  
Okay Love you, have a good week.

P.S. and mothers day is on the 9th I believe, we are allowed to use skype at a members house,  I don't know the details yet, but this will be after cambios...so we cant arrange plans yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out.  
Love, Mariah 

No comments:

Post a Comment