Monday, December 1, 2014

So, I forgot to mention last week.. this week was transfers, so they changed p-day to Wednesday.  We didn't have transfers...whew! :) Still with Hermana Lovell here in Valle for another cycle!

Well this week was jolly good. We had exchanges with Hermana Burrola and Wilkinson, I stayed in my area, the first day hermana burrola and I had a really good day. we set a baptismal goal with a woman named Isabel.  And then we also had the baptismal interviews with the Fragoza family :) They all passed, Abigail is the mom, and Sara, Alí, and Emiliano are the kids.  I love them so much! They are just really cool people.  The dad Luis, still hasn't come to church and he says he doesn't want to get baptized....yet.  But he says the most beautiful prayers, and I know he feels that this is something really good for his family.  Their baptism is this Sunday after church.  :) yay

Well, in other news the mission presidents wife, hermana Anaya was concerned about the missionaries getting good quality sleep and our health and sha la la. So we all got new mattress cushion cover things and they are soooo comfortable, I didn't have problems sleeping before, but now I sleep like a...a person that sleeps really well.  So that's good.  Especially because missionaries work really hard, haha.  At the end of the day I am so tired, but then we still plan and study Spanish, and all that good stuff.  So I'm glad I have a comfy bed. 

Well now that I've written a whole  paragraph about my comfy bed I guess I should end with something spiritual. 
Well my companion shared with me a quote that says,
 ¨Our weaknesses are divinely destined to become our strengths¨
And I really like that, I know that God has a plan for each of us and has given us certain talents and strengths for a reason.  But our weaknesses are also for a purpose.  I have learned a lot on my mission.  One thing that I have gained a stronger testimony of is obedience, if we are obedient to all of the commandments, including studying the scriptures daily, personal prayer, and sincere service to others, we will be empowered to resist temptation, and to have more hope during trials. And we will also develop more and more of the attributes of Christ.  Like in
 Ether 12:27 in The Book of Mormon:  ¨And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.¨



No comments:

Post a Comment