Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Well, this week was another great one...we had lots of lessons and set a few baptismal dates. But...only one investigator  came to church :( but that's okay we are just going to work harder this week and tell them that they have to come to church haha. 
As you probably know the day of the dead was this week.  In Mexico they celebrate Halloween too, its kind of a mix of the two traditions.  Except that many people are against the mixture of traditions. The day of the dead is two days the first and second of November and they make an altar with pictures of their loved ones who've passed away and candles and their favorite food, and the kids also go door to door and ask for candy.  But the Halloween influence is all the ugly things like monsters and lots of scary things...so that was kind of interesting to see the two traditions mixed like that.  My companion and I switched name tags for Halloween...but no one even noticed haha.  
So as you know, my companion is one of the sister training leaders, but they changed it so we both are together. So I went to my first leaders council meeting. It was good, I liked it.  I'll attach a pic.  
And this week we have our zone conference and have the opportunity to listen to Elder Valenzuela of the Seventy.  So that's cool. 


 my companion and I match...we are so unified haha
 Our area isn't is so pretty?
 Little Birthday celebration with the hermanas who have birthdays in nov y oct
Exchanges with Hermanas Bright and Cole :)


No comments:

Post a Comment